Friday, December 17, 2010

Music Review

  Soo, as I'm sitting here, wondering how in the whole wide WORLD I'm supposed to pick one CD to review out of all the wonderful music in the world, I am hit with a stroke of brilliance. Should I write about Ben Folds' Rockin' the Suburbs? Or Brad Paisley's Time Well Wasted? Oh no no no no NO. While these are both absolutely fantastic albums, I've decided on the one to top them all: Flight of the Conchords, Season One Soundtrack. What a masterpiece.
     It opens with the intriguing drum beat of the "french" song "Foux du Fafa", followed immediately by ludicrous french phrases that have nothing to with anything. This entire CD is a rollercoaster of one funny song after another. My personal favorite is "Sally", one of the last songs on the album. What a flash of genius.
 
"You're so beautiful, like a....tree."
"You're so beautiful, you could be a part time model....(but you'd prob'ly still have to keep your normal job."
 
     Brilliant. This is the funniest album of the year. The lyrics of all the songs have the wonderful quality of sounding improvised but never failing to be hilarious. Coupled with the episodes of the show, these songs can have you laughing till it hurts. Brett and Gemaine are two of the funniest humans alive. Their New Zealand accents add to the effect perfectly. This is such a great album, you should definitely check it out.
 

4 comments:

  1. Alaina. Thank you so much for writing about Flight of the Conchords. I just looked them up and literally laughed out loud at some of their songs. And I'm pretty sure Mme. showed us the video for Foux du Fafa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Funny. I laugh thinking about when these guys want to put out something "serious" and their shows are filled with frat boys and sorority girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you're welcome Cyerra! I'm glad you looked them up, they are so funny. You should look up the song called "Jenny", it gets me every time.

    Hahhaaaahahaha I cannot imagine them doing anything serious. Ever. But you're right, if they do, it'll be crazy. Poor Bret and Jemaine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HILARIOUS. Jenny gets me EVERY time. We are meant for each other, Alaina(:

    ReplyDelete