Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Winter Poem

Cold
So cold
Hungry
So hungry
Driving past, turn up the heat
Frost on my lashes
Warmth fogging up their windows
Solid breath in air
Cold
So cold
Shop windows filled with gifts
Bins filled with gifts too
Rooting to find something special
You can just buy it
I have to find it
The most wonderful time of the year
The coldest time of the year
Warm bed
Cold stone
Warm comforter
Cold wool
Warm bath
Cold snow
Cold
So cold
Don't stare
I know what I look like
Don't hold your breath
I wish I could too
Pine trees in your homes
Pine trees in my homes
This park is my home
Don't tell anyone
Cold
So cold
Thank you
Thank you for your dollar
Your pity dollar
Pity I don't need
Keep driving
Thankful for what you have
What I don't have
Driving past, turn up the heat
Frost on my lashes
Warmth fogging up your windows
Solid breath in the air
And cold
So cold

3 comments:

  1. I like it, but instead of making all of those indentations there, you could form it into the shape of a snowman, so that it's even more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful poem! I love your words and the imagery.

    ReplyDelete